President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has recently made significant appointments in various key sectors of the economy, and among the distinguished individuals chosen is Ms. Olu Verheijen. Ms. Verheijen has been appointed as the president\’s adviser, specializing in the Energy sector.
With an impressive career spanning nearly two decades, Ms. Verheijen brings a remarkable wealth of knowledge and expertise to her new role. Her extensive experience encompasses a deep understanding of the oil, gas, power, and renewable energy sectors within the sub-Saharan African region. Her appointment is a testament to her outstanding contributions and accomplishments in these areas.
Olu Verheijen Biography and Facts To Know
- Ms. Olubukola Arowolo Verheijen is a highly experienced and respected energy professional with a proven track record of success in the African market. She has a deep understanding of the energy landscape in Africa and is well-connected to key decision-makers in the region.
- She is the Founder and Managing Director at Latimer Energy, a leading commercial advisory firm that provides a range of services to the energy sector, including commercial negotiations, portfolio value optimization, and opportunity screening. The firm has a strong track record of success, having advised on a number of high-profile transactions in the African energy market.
- Verheijen has nearly two decades of experience in the oil, gas, renewables, and power sectors across Sub-Saharan Africa. She has held senior positions at a number of leading energy companies, including Shell and Persistent. In these roles, she has advised on a wide range of transactions, including gas commercialization, M&A, and project finance.
- She serves as an Advisory Council Member of the US Millennium Challenge Corporation and an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at the Energy for Growth Hub.
- She has been appointed as President Bola Tunubu\’s adviser on the Energy sector. Ms. Verheijen\’s appointment as President Bola Tunubu\’s adviser on the Energy sector is a significant development. It is a recognition of her expertise and experience in the African energy sector. It is also a sign of the importance that President Tunubu places on the energy sector.