Ejikeme Mmesoma is a 17-year-old student from Anambra State, Nigeria. She was initially celebrated as the highest scorer in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) with a score of 362.
However, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) later announced that her result was fake and that her actual score was 249.
The exam board alleged that Mmesoma had manually inflated her score and pasted it on the 2022 UTME result sheet. It also said that Mmesoma had tried to exploit its system by sending a message to request her UTME result, after which she manually inflated her scores and pasted the same on the 2022 UTME result sheet. Unknown to her, the board had changed the design of the 2023 UTME result sheet.
Mmesoma has denied the allegations, saying that she is not capable of forging results and that she is traumatized by the board\’s claim. She has also said that she is willing to go through any investigation to clear her name.
The Anambra State Government has also reacted to the scandal, saying that it is disappointed by Mmesoma\’s actions. The government said that it will investigate the matter and take appropriate action.
The case of Ejikeme Mmesoma has sparked outrage in Nigeria, with many people calling for her to be punished for her alleged actions. However, others have defended her, as reports have alleged that the initial reports could have appeared due to a technical glitch from the exam body.
The case is still ongoing, and it remains to be seen what the outcome will be. However, Mmesoma\’s actions have had a serious impact on her life and the lives of others.
Ejikeme Mmesoma Biography – 5 Facts You\’d Love To Know
Let\’s check out some facts you\’d love to know about the trending UTME Highest Scorer
- Ejikeme Mmesoma Joy was born in 2006 in Anambra State, Nigeria to the family of Mr Ejikeme Romanus. She grew up in the state, where she also had her primary education at Ogbunike Central School before proceeding to the prestigious Anglican Girls Secondary School, Nnewi, Anambra State for her secondary education.
- Mmesoma\’s father is a commercial motorcyclist and musician, and according to reports, she is the first child in her family to get a scholarship to the tertiary institution. She is a science student and aspires to study medicine at university.
- Ejikeme originally hails from Oduma in Aninri local government in Enugu state, but, lives in Uruagu, Nnewi, Anambra State with her family.
- She was initially celebrated as the highest scorer in the 2023 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) with a score of 362.
- Mmesoma is no doubt, a role model for many young people in Nigeria. She is a reminder that even in the face of adversity, anything is possible.
What do you think? While the case is still going on, let\’s also note that even if it turns out Ejikeme Mmesoma didn\’t emerge as the top scorer, the next on the list, Umeh Nkechinyere with a cumulative mark of 360 also hails from Anambra State.