Are you interested in becoming a transcriber, but don’t know where to start? Do you want to learn how to convert audio or video files into text documents, and get paid for it? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you might want to check out TypeWhizz, an online transcription training and certification platform that claims to provide actionable training, steady weekly tasks, and no experience required for aspiring transcribers.
In this review, I will give you a comprehensive guide to TypeWhizz, and help you decide if it is the right choice for you. I will cover the following aspects of TypeWhizz:
- The courses: What are the topics, levels, and formats of the courses offered by TypeWhizz, and how effective are they in teaching you the skills and knowledge needed for transcription?
- The tasks: What are the types, sources, and quality of the tasks assigned by TypeWhizz, and how much can you earn from them?
- The support: What are the resources, feedback, and assistance provided by TypeWhizz, and how responsive and helpful are they in solving your problems or queries?
- The pros and cons: What are the advantages and disadvantages of using TypeWhizz, and how do they compare with other similar services or platforms?
- The verdict: Based on my personal experience and evaluation, is TypeWhizz worth it, and would I recommend it to others?
By the end of this review, you will have a clear and complete picture of what TypeWhizz is, what it does, and how it works. You will also be able to make an informed decision on whether to sign up for TypeWhizz or not. So, without further ado, let’s dive into the review!
What courses are available on TypeWhizz?
The courses are one of the main features of TypeWhizz, as they are designed to teach you the skills and knowledge needed for transcription. According to the TypeWhizz website, there are three types of courses available:
- Basic Transcription Course: This course covers the fundamentals of transcription, such as the transcription process, the transcription software, the transcription guidelines, the transcription formats, and the transcription quality. It also includes some practice exercises and quizzes to test your understanding and application of the concepts. This course is suitable for beginners who have little or no experience in transcription, and it takes about 10 hours to complete.
- Advanced Transcription Course: This course builds on the basic course, and introduces more advanced topics and techniques, such as the transcription styles, the transcription symbols, the transcription challenges, the transcription tips, and the transcription tools. It also includes more practice exercises and quizzes to challenge your skills and knowledge. This course is suitable for intermediate or experienced transcribers who want to improve their transcription abilities, and it takes about 15 hours to complete.
- Certification Transcription Course: This course is the final and most comprehensive course, and it prepares you for the transcription certification exam, which is a requirement to become a certified transcriber by TypeWhizz. The course reviews all the topics and concepts from the previous courses, and provides you with mock exams and feedback to help you pass the certification exam. This course is suitable for anyone who wants to get certified and access more tasks and opportunities from TypeWhizz, and it takes about 20 hours to complete.
The courses are delivered in an online and self-paced format, which means you can access them anytime and anywhere, and learn at your own speed and convenience. The courses are also interactive and engaging, as they use a variety of media, such as text, audio, video, images, and animations, to present the information and examples. The courses are also updated and relevant, as they reflect the current trends and standards of the transcription industry.
What types of tasks are available on TypeWhizz?
The tasks are another main feature of TypeWhizz, as they are the source of income and experience for transcribers. According to the TypeWhizz website, there are two types of tasks available:
- Weekly Tasks: These are the regular and consistent tasks that are assigned to transcribers every week, based on their availability and preferences. The weekly tasks are usually short and simple, such as transcribing a podcast, a lecture, or an interview. The weekly tasks are also graded and paid according to the quality and accuracy of the transcription, and the average rate is $0.5 per audio minute.
- Special Tasks: These are the occasional and optional tasks that are offered to transcribers who have completed the certification course and passed the exam. The special tasks are usually longer and more complex, such as transcribing a documentary, a conference, or a court hearing. The special tasks are also graded and paid according to the difficulty and urgency of the transcription, and the average rate is $1 per audio minute.
The tasks are accessed through the TypeWhizz website, where transcribers can log in to their accounts and view their assigned or available tasks. The tasks are also completed and submitted through the website, where transcribers can use the transcription software and tools provided by TypeWhizz, or use their own preferred software and tools. The tasks are also monitored and reviewed by the TypeWhizz team, who provide feedback and ratings to the transcribers, and process the payments within 24 hours.
TypeWhizz.co.uk Review: The Pros and Cons
- TypeWhizz offers a comprehensive and interactive online transcription training and certification program, that covers all the essential topics and skills needed for transcription.
- TypeWhizz provides steady and consistent weekly tasks, as well as occasional and optional special tasks, that allow transcribers to earn income and gain experience in transcription.
- TypeWhizz has a responsive and helpful support team, that provides feedback, ratings, and assistance to transcribers, and processes payments within 24 hours.
- TypeWhizz has a user-friendly and secure website, that enables transcribers to access, complete, and submit their tasks, as well as use the transcription software and tools provided by the service.
- TypeWhizz has a competitive and fair pricing system, that pays transcribers according to the quality, accuracy, difficulty, and urgency of their tasks, and the average rate is higher than other similar services or platforms.
- TypeWhizz requires transcribers to pass the certification exam, which is a challenging and rigorous test, in order to access more tasks and opportunities from the service.
- TypeWhizz has a strict and high quality standard, that expects transcribers to follow the transcription guidelines and formats, and to produce error-free and accurate transcriptions.
- TypeWhizz has a limited and variable task availability, that depends on the demand and supply of the transcription market, and sometimes there may be no tasks or too many tasks for transcribers.
- TypeWhizz has a competitive and demanding task environment, that requires transcribers to complete and submit their tasks within the given deadlines, and to compete with other transcribers for the tasks.
Is TypeWhizz Legit?
My opinion is based on the reviews that I have found on the web based on other users’ experiences. Before you sign up, I’d recommend you check the reviews on sites like ScamAdviser, TrustPilot and HelloPeter. There’s also a thread on Reddit that was created to talk about people’s experiences while using the platform, I encourage you to also check it out.
Based on the reviews, I would say that TypeWhizz is a legit and reliable online transcription training and certification platform, that offers a lot of benefits and opportunities for transcribers, as well as some challenges and risks.
Most of the reviews that I have read are positive and favorable, and they praise TypeWhizz for its comprehensive and interactive courses, its steady and consistent tasks, its responsive and helpful support, its user-friendly and secure website, and its competitive and fair pricing. Some of the reviews also mention that TypeWhizz has helped them become certified transcribers, earn income, and improve their skills and knowledge in transcription.
However, some of the reviews are also negative and critical, and they warn TypeWhizz for its challenging and rigorous certification exam, its strict and high quality standard, its limited and variable task availability, its competitive and demanding task environment, and its potential and unpredictable risk of data breach. Some of the reviews also mention that TypeWhizz has caused them stress, frustration, and disappointment in transcription.
What do you think of TypeWhizz.co.uk? Have you used the platform? What’s was your experience like?
Kindly drop us a comment to help other users find their way through the transcribing world.